Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or comments
1. Drone Laws In French Guiana
2. Buying Drones In French Guiana
3. Commercial French Guiana Drone Laws
4. Flying Drones In French Guiana
5. Contact Information
* French Guiana drone laws are constantly changing. To stay up to date on the latest drone laws changes, sign up for our drone law notifications here. To learn about everything drone visit our Drone School. *
General French Guiana Drone Laws
Drone use is allowed in French Guiana, but there are several French Guiana drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Operators must ensure that they follow the following laws when flying in French Guiana,
- Do not fly your drone over people
- Do not fly your drone over 500 feet (150 meters)
- Maintain visual contact with your drone at all times. FPV is only allowed when a second person is keeping the drone in their line of sight.
- Do not fly your drone over public spaces in urban areas
- Do not fly your drone within 15km (9.3 miles) of a major airport or 5km (3 miles) of a smaller airport. In addition, ensure your drone stays away from aircraft in operation at all times
- Do not fly your drone over strategic sites such as nuclear power plants, military installations, etc
- Do not fly your drone at night or during bad weather
- Respect the privacy of others when flying your drone
- Obtain prior authorization prior to using your drone. This can be done by contacting the aviation authority using the information at the bottom of this page
Buying Drones In French Guiana
Read our buying guide for Buying Drones In French Guiana. It includes information on drones for sale in French Guiana, import taxes and requirements, payment, and shipping.
Commercial French Guiana Drone Laws
To fly drones commercially in French Guiana you must possess a pilots licence of any kind. In addition you will need to apply for a authorization prior to each flight. Contact information to apply for an authorization can be found at the bottom of this page.
Flying Drones In French Guiana
French Guiana is an amazing country and there are many amazing places from Cayenne to Saint-Jean where you can capture amazing aerial photography while adhering to the drone laws in French Guiana. Here is a video taken by Studio 85 showcasing French Guiana’s beauty from above.
Call: 01 58 09 43 21
Email: : [email protected]
French Guiana drone laws are up to date as of February 1, 2016