1. Drone Laws In New Zealand
2. Buying Drones In New Zealand
3. New Zealand Commercial Drone Laws
4. New Zealand Drone Insurance
5. Flying Drones In New Zealand
6. Contact Information
* New Zealand drone laws are constantly changing. To stay up to date on the latest drone laws changes, sign up for our drone law notifications here. To learn about everything drone visit our Drone School *
New Zealand Drone Laws
The following are new Zealand drone laws applicable when flying a drone in New Zealand for recreational or commercial use
- Do NOT fly your drone over 400 feet
- Do NOT fly your drone at night
- Do NOT fly your drone within 4Km of an airfield
- Do NOT operate your drone in a way that may cause a hazard, eg, near people or property
- Know your responsibilities as pilot in command of a drone
- Always fly your drone within line of sight
- Before you fly your drone, check for airspace restrictions – controlled airspace, low-flying zones, danger areas, restricted areas and military operational areas
- You must have clear visibility for at least 3 kilometers
Buying Drones In New Zealand
Read our buying guide for Buying Drones In New Zealand. It includes information on drones for sale in New Zealand, import taxes and requirements, payment, and shipping.
New Zealand Commercial Drone Laws
Commercial drone operations are allowed in New Zealand as long as they comply with the above New Zealand drone laws.
Drone Insurance In New Zealand
Drone operation in New Zealand does not require operators to hold insurance, however it is highly recommended to avoid the risk of facing substantial expenses arising from an accident. Click here for more information on providers and rates, for Drone Insurance in New Zealand.
Flying Drones In New Zealand
New Zealand is a beautiful country and there are many amazing places from Auckland to Wellington where you can capture amazing aerial photography while adhering to the drone laws in New Zealand. Here is a video taken by Tony Monk Films showcasing New Zealand’s beauty from above.
Call +64 4 560 9400
Email [email protected]
New Zealand Drone laws are up to date as of November 1, 2015
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or comments